Sunday 18 April 2010

I got Made In The Shade!

Well Saturday was the big day...Made In The Shade!! I was so nervous I couldn't write my price tags out I was shaking that much :( But it was such a good day and I had some sales!! Was awesome! I didn't get chance to have a look round at everything else, but I hear there were some cool things. My friend Lee bought loads of stuff! And another friend Kat was early enough to get a free goody bag and she was kind enough to give me her badge which had a pug dog on it!! I'm not sure if I've ever expressed my love for Pugs on here before, but I'm crazy about them! One day I will have one!
Anyways here are photos from my stall! I was going to take photos of the whole event but I didn't leave my stall all day! So check out MITS blog and Flickr for photos :)


My Mum and myself having a cake break!

Commissioned dress that was just for show. This got the most attention out of everything on my stall! Everyone kept coming over to touch it!

My table with fabric covered buttons and neck ties. In the corner you can just see my suitcase with fabrics in for people to have a look through.
Me stood next to my rail! I wore a vintage jumper, headscarf and dress Miss Lottie Lou and beautiful Vivienne Westwood shoes :D (I also have them in cream!) Originally I was going to wear a high waisted red Miss Lottie Lou pencil skirt but on the morning I went to get dressed and it was miles too big! Made me happy but oh so stressed! Luckily I had this trusty little black dress :)

My stall :) Well more space than stall. I had people signing up or my mailing list all day! Even if they didn't buy anything they jotted their email down which is ace :)

After the event was over I was so super duper tired but I had a 50th birthday party to go to and then at 11pm-3am I was working on the door for a night called Shout Bamalama which was super busy as they had famous London DJ Gaz Mayall up for the night. Was a good night but by 3am I had past the super duper tired stage and ended up being wide awake! Embarrassed to say I slept till after 2pm on Sunday and even then I only woke up because my Dad came and woke me up!
I've now applied for another selling space at a different event in May, still in Glasgow though. Fingers crossed I get that one too as I really enjoyed the day and the whole experience. I want to say a big thank you to the Made In The Shade girls, my parents and friends for making the day possible :) I also want to thank Leah over at Leah Halliday for all her tips and advice and her friendly chat before the event and on the day, much appreciated!
In other news my Mum bought me some vintage trousers in a pea green colour which have pleats going down the front of each leg...they sound pretty strange but they're beautiful!! Unfortunately they don't quite fit me :( I can do them up, they're just too tight to wear yet. Which is annoying as she'd bought them to replace my mustard trousers as they're too big for me! I need to wear a belt to hold them up which makes them gather. Doesn't look too bad but it's not ideal. Sigh the in between sizes stage of weight loss is most annoying!!
Eeeeee today me, my parents and my fabulous big sister Hana (not real sisters, we're just like sisters!) booked for the Rockabilly Rave!! I'm so excited!! Just short of 9 weeks to go woo! Anyone else going? I've never been to the rave but I've done the riot which is held in the same place. It's awesome going somewhere where you don't get stared at or asked what's with the costume as everyone is 40s/50s! Today when I was out charity shopping (I only got some wooden anchor buttons) I had several old ladies come up to me and tell me I looked like I belonged in Land Girls. This sort of thing I'm cool with, because I do haha! But when I'm getting asked what's with the costume and or why are you dressed funny or something else along those lines, it's just rude. So I'm rude back to them and just ignore them. There are nice polite ways to question my clothes and when this happens I'm more than happy to tell them about my look. Rude people really get my goat!
Sorry got a little ranty there!
My plan for today is to clear up my bedroom/workroom as my fabric and button boxes exploded all over the place...Hope you all have a much more exciting day!
Lottie x

7 comments:

  1. Well done, looks like you had a fab time! Me and my fella normally go to the Riot but were thinking about going to the Rave this year, still undecided though.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If you do go to the Rave I'll keep an eye out for you :)
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad it went well! that's (good) crazy bottle fabric on the commissioned dress - I'm not surprised everyone wanted to touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Clare :) Yeah the fabric is ace! Was a little sad to not be using it for myself but it looks so good on her that I'm ok with letting it go now!
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lottie So glad you had a great day, it's not so scary after all!!! Hope the shakes went by the end of the day :) You don't need to thank me for the advice it was a pleasure, glad to be help. Have you applied for the MITS Edinburgh??? See you at your next fair Leahx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your space looked great, i was one of the people who came over to look at the dress on the manequin, its pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Leah, yeah the shakes finally went and left me with an aching arm! I didn't apply for Edinburgh, forgot all about the closing date! Got some things in the pipeline so you haven't seen the last of me haha! Good luck with Edinburgh, hope you get selected :) x

    Hi Lucy Jackson, you should have come said hello! I hear you know Fiona Clark, I used to live with her! Thanks for your kind comment :)

    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will reply to everyone :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Lottie x