Monday 30 August 2010

I have a shop!

Well hello there! Can't believe how long it has been! In fact I can't believe August is pretty much over, I have no idea where it went. It got lost in all the excitement which I shall try bring you up to speed on now :)
The biggest news is I'm opening my own shop! It's in Glasgow's West End and is shaping up pretty good if I say so myself. If you want to check out a couple of progress pictures check out the Miss Lottie Lou Facebook page as I shall be updating quite a bit over the next week. It's decorated with beautiful old furniture (more on that in a minute) and is going to be stocked with my own Miss Lottie Lou clothing, Flossy and Dossy knitwear and vintage jewellery from Vintage Inspirations. It's all too exciting!!

The beautiful furniture I mentioned is actually a matching bedroom suite. It is a big double wardrobe, a man's wardrobe with the cute labelled shelves and a big dressing table complete with huge mirror. Now don't hate me, but just like the last matching bedroom suite I got, it was all free off of freecycle! The original ad I replied to just mentioned old wardrobes but when I went to view it I saw the dressing table and nabbed that too. There were also some old green arm chairs in the rubbish 'pile' so I asked what was happening with them and I nabbed them too! So now my shop is kitted out in the finest vintage furniture woohoo! The shop isn't even finished yet but I already want to spend all my time there :)

Another amazing thing that is making this August by far the best month I've ever had, is that I bought some industrial sewing machines for super duper cheap off of a design studio that was moving. It was a first come first served basis and boy oh boy was I pleased I turned up early! They now take pride of place at the back of my shop so I can sew and sell all day long!

And to round off this unbelievable month I got 2 swallows tattooed by the awesome Spaniard David from Forevermore Tattoo Parlour . I love them :D They are my birthday present (which was August 14th) from my parents.
Please excuse the terrible bathroom photo! But there they are and I love them :) And not as painful as I thought they were going to be thank goodness!

Rightio I think that is you all up to date now :) I'll do a proper a shop update when it's ready for opening. Wish you could all come to my opening night!! I know I know that's not possible but it would be awesome!
Hope you're all well. I do still take time out to read all your blogs but I've turned into a bit of a lurker as I don't remember the last time I left a comment anywhere so I'm very sorry about that :(
I'll be back soon!
Lottie x

3 comments:

  1. hey mrs. congrats on the shop! im so excited for you! cant wait to see it all finished!
    LJ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you...hope you have a brilliant opening night (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lottie,

    I visited your shop at the weekend and loved it, so much so that it features in my 'Guide to Glasgow vintage shopping' on my blog! Thought you'd be interested to see it: http://www.takecourageblog.com/2011/08/guide-to-glasgow-vintage-shopping.html

    Cat xxx
    http://www.takecourageblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will reply to everyone :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Lottie x