Monday 29 March 2010

More photos as promised :)

This is me outside Vintage Guru in Glasgow. I know Alice in Wonderland is being done far too much just now but that still doesn't take away from how cute the windows are!

This is my mum and dad having tea and cake in Auntie M's Cake Lounge that it is kitted out in 1950s kitchen and living room things. It's beautiful and the cake is DELICIOUS!! If you're every in Glasgow you should swing by it. And pop into the Made In The Shade Maisonette while you're there :)

The super awesomely cool teacup that my peppermint tea came in at Auntie M's! I want a set so bad!

Neil, Dad, Mum, Me, Hana
This was Saturday night in Edinburgh at The Spiders Web seeing a band called the Blue Flames. Was a fun night :) And the calico bag you can see on the table, I made it to advertise All Tore Up!'s new record label. And yeah you might have noticed that I hang out with my parents a lot... I always have because they're so much fun and really cool to hang out with. They're not just my parents, they're 2 of my best friends. Some of my friends think its weird, others are a little jealous that I've always got on so well with them. But all my friends know if they ask me to go out over a weekend that I'll check what my parents are up to first!

Today I got an order for a whole summer wardrobe! Miss Hana Amelia went through my fabric stash picking out the fabrics she liked and assigning garments to them! Was a fun little afternoon drawing up plans for all the fabrics. There's going to be high waisted shorts in various colours, a love heart print playsuit and sleeveless tie-up shirts in a variety of colours and patterns. All very exciting however I need to get everything finished for my Made In The Shade stall so those things are on hold until after April 17th!
Tomorrow I have a job interview for a receptionist position...yay and boo. Right now I need a steady income to pay off my debts from uni and to support my fabric and vintage clothing habits. It's only a temporary position which is ideal as I can work and pay off all my debts and then once it's over I can focus on Miss Lottie Lou full time with a clean slate. Plus I don't know about anyone else but when I think of receptionists I think pencil skirts, pretty blouses and pearl necklaces!!

Hope you all had a good Monday and enjoy the rest of your week :)
Lottie x

15 comments:

  1. Love your outfit and that Alice in Wonderland window!
    Cute pics of your Mom and Dad too. Good luck with the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you very much :)
    I love your blog!! Thanks for stopping by, much appreciated!
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks like a great shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Madeline it is a wonderful shop. The girls that work are lovely and the prices are so reasonable. I always find something in there!

    And thank you Glam Girl :)

    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mum and dad look so young, your mum is very cute! Hope the job interview went well. Happy Easter X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I was going to say, your mum especially looks very young! You'll be grateful for those genes one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Vintage Kitten :) The interview went so well that I got the job!

    Miss Woody thank you so much!!

    And MJ I'm so grateful lol.

    My parents are 43 and have been together since they were 15 :) When me and my Mum are out together people never believe we're mother and daughter, they think sisters or best friends! Which is good for my Mum but how old do I look?!
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Atomic style cup! I would love to check out some of the vintage shops in Europe.

    http://www.invasionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah the cup was ace!! She found them on Ebay. I wish I could have a holiday that just involved touring vintage shops all over the world!
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, Auntie M's Cake Lounge is a slice of heaven - on a vintage plate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh I love that, slice of heaven on a vintage plate, sums it up perfectly!
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pencil skirts are ALWAYS a plus. I love my pencil skirts. =)
    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The window in that shop is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa I don't know what I'd do without pencil skirts!! And you can never have too many!

    Thank you Pretty Little Pictures for stopping by :) The window is fab, I couldn't resist getting a photo!

    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will reply to everyone :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Lottie x